Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualifile - hard or soft pull

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Qualifile - hard or soft pull

My local CU uses Qualifile to run credit rept. before opening a savings or ckg acct. Does anyone happen to know if Qualifile does a hard or soft pull on the cr rept.

Thanks!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Qualifile - hard or soft pull

@bichonmom wrote:

My local CU uses Qualifile to run credit rept. before opening a savings or ckg acct. Does anyone happen to know if Qualifile does a hard or soft pull on the cr rept.

Thanks!

They are not a credit reporting agency. 

They are simple a service that your bank uses through which they pull your credit report from Equifax, Experian or TransUnion.  Your credit union can tell you whether the pull will be hard or soft.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

QualiFile is a product of the eFunds division of Fidelity Information Services (FIS). They are a CRA as defined by the FCRA. The QualiFile offering has several versions, one that uses Credit Bureau data and one that does not. If a FIS client is using the version of QualiFile that pulls a credit file, it posts a hard inquiry. Recently, the bureaus have relaxed the rules around this an at least two of the big three have allowed soft inquiries to be posted instead.

Message 3 of 4
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

QualiFile is a product of the eFunds division of Fidelity Information Services (FIS). They are a CRA as defined by the FCRA. The QualiFile offering has several versions, one that uses Credit Bureau data and one that does not. If a FIS client is using the version of QualiFile that pulls a credit file, it posts a hard inquiry. Recently, the bureaus have relaxed the rules around this an at least two of the big three have allowed soft inquiries to be posted instead.

I am wondering if anyone knows any current data on whether or not Qualifile will do a hard vs soft pull on your credit report. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.