Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About DCU Membership Credit Check?EQ/CS

tag
NY2014
Established Contributor

Question About DCU Membership Credit Check?EQ/CS

Hello Communitity . I was checking out to join DCU,i Declined after opening an account sent documents as equested recieved a secured message 

to unfreeze my EQ,and cksystem..i sent back please cancel my application and return my deposit, i wasnt aware they hard pull you for memebership

wasnt worth the hit,. can anyone thats already a member confirm this ? i know NFCU, HP Nasa SP but i want to drop NASA,.any recomandations CU,? SP only 

thanks. 

Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Question About DCU Membership Credit Check?EQ/CS

Is an SP really the only criteiria that you have?  Don't overlook prior discussions as a resource.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sp+join+credit+union+site%3Aficoforums.myfico.com&oq=sp+join+credit+...

There's a lot of HP aversion here on myFICO but HP's are generally a small factor.  If they have a significant impact then one has other bigger issues with one's credit that need to be addressed.  I wouldn't suggest poassing up CU's with products suited to you over something as small as an HP.  Many will HP for membership.

Message 2 of 5
NY2014
Established Contributor

Hello, Takeshi74,

The only criteria is to have information that I asked ,looking over prior discussion that I have,that I assume was a soft pull,I posted asking someone if they had experience with this DCU, to confirm after I applied and receiving a secured message to unfreeze my credit report I contacted the CU after and asked the rep customer service and where the rep wasn't sure if HP, her answer was yes I maybe I'm guilty of not being thorough beforehand researching all the discussion but certainly not guilty of (load up) CU's for or with productsthat you don't suggest,and small Like a HP may not be big to you or others but it's important issue to me expecially a credit report I don't want or need a hp, . I do not have any issues with my credit or avoiding a hard inquiry it have present 2 CU . Navy, with personal and business accounts, great products wonderful customer service. The other NASA CU . Lousy service,. To clarify My question I posted and hope I cleared up some issues I am asking the community I am looking for and recommendation a good CU 'maybe a HP if soft even greater . That pulls only from TU/EX
And last I placed Freezed all my Credit agencies,alerts . Opt out. SS exc due to Identry theft, compromised my life, so I'm always living in extreme caution, a pain when applying for credit or using your own personal cards I would recommend anyone to be a victim it's not fun
Thanks again for the advice ..
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@NY2014 wrote:

Hello Communitity . I was checking out to join DCU,i Declined after opening an account sent documents as equested recieved a secured message 

to unfreeze my EQ,and cksystem..i sent back please cancel my application and return my deposit, i wasnt aware they hard pull you for memebership

wasnt worth the hit,. can anyone thats already a member confirm this ? i know NFCU, HP Nasa SP but i want to drop NASA,.any recomandations CU,? SP only 

thanks. 

Yes DCU is an HP to open an account with it would also be another HP for any credit product as well from what I understand.

Message 4 of 5
NY2014
Established Contributor

Thanks  gdale6 Smiley Wink It was my mistake before hand, I should have been more specific or done more research or inquired before leaping to my conclusion i  ony had the issue regarding HP on my EQ,i don't not want..leason learned. I just firmiliar with banks 90% only SP, new accounts except WF, and Honestly NFCU is good enough to only use, I just not a fan of NASACU,(Talishi74) made a good point, if one seeking a product, just good fruastrated with nasau keeps freezing my accounts everytime i use there card not over $10 an alert i must call to verifiy 5 times, and yes i wanted a new product  a new CU LOL..the short story.customer service, wont address it ..  I think this thread should have been in the complaint review or" this and that" Thread"  anyways , thanks again 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.