cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Credit card debt purchased by Asset asset acceptance - Please help...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question: Credit card debt purchased by Asset asset acceptance - Please help...

I had a credit card with Citi Bank. Asset Acceptance LLC has contacted me via mail and my work cell phone they have the debt now. On my credit report they have the debt listed as Aug 2007. I think this debt is beyond the statute of limitations. I was living in California when I had the account. I now live in Arizona.
How do I get the original info on the debt and is what they are doing illegal? They purchased the account and it appears that they reaged it on my credit report. I think I made the last payment on the account in 2003 or 2004 (possibly earlier than that). Do I have rights here?
Am I obligated to deal with them?

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Message Edited by tnvolgrl on 10-02-2007 02:05 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question: Credit card debt purchased by Asset asset acceptance - Please help...

tnvolgrl wrote:
I had a credit card with Citi Bank. Asset Acceptance LLC has contacted me via mail and my work cell phone they have the debt now. On my credit report they have the debt listed as Aug 2007. I think this debt is beyond the statute of limitations. I was living in California when I had the account. I now live in Arizona.
How do I get the original info on the debt and is what they are doing illegal? They purchased the account and it appears that they reaged it on my credit report. I think I made the last payment on the account in 2003 or 2004 (possibly earlier than that). Do I have rights here?
Am I obligated to deal with them?

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Message Edited by tnvolgrl on 10-02-2007 02:05 PM

SOL in AZ is 3 years    CAl is 4 years   Because you lived in Cal  when you applied  they can sue in Cal. 

Be very sure of DOFD before doing anything.   Check you CR (TU or EX) for drop date.  the date is set by OC(citi bank)    Or call CRA and ask.  That is the place to start.

If you are past SOL  or If you want to pay...first dispute ...then either wait to see if it is deleted or verified ( you may DV at the same time as dispute)     If verified  send DV to the CA   CMRRR!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-02-2007 08:34 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question: Credit card debt purchased by Asset asset acceptance - Please help...

AZ is 6 years for written contracts-

The can report it for 7 years past DOFD.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.