cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Please - Score difference on Experian between myFICO Experian direct from Wells Fargo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question Please - Score difference on Experian between myFICO Experian direct from Wells Fargo

Ok, on 11/2 I bought the (3) scores package here.  It showed my Experian at 620.  Today after I had a meeting at Wells Fargo Advisors I was given an access code for a free report on Experian.  Experian showed my score at 687.  Is there a reason for the difference or is it possible something aged and helped the score in those few days?  I did have a collection account on Experian only and I am guessing it was just deleted (I had a PFD in writing and contacted them Monday morning and they submitted for deletion again).

If this was because of a collection delete is 67 points a normal gain?

Thanks in advance!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question Please - Score difference on Experian between myFICO Experian direct from Wells Fargo

Anyone please?  If I am not following some form of etiquette rules here please let me know.

Message 2 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question Please - Score difference on Experian between myFICO Experian direct from Wells Fargo

WF isn't a FICO score it is a FAKO

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The link starts at Wells but once you click that link it takes you directly to Experian's site. 

Message 4 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Experian site is still a FAKO as well... The only person that can give out a FICO score is FICO/MYFICO.  Experian/TU/EQ provides data to FICO/MYFICO and based on that data a score is generated FICO scores bsaed on that data and very complex formulas.   Experians site is a plus score probably and no lenders use it.  They have the data at experian yes, but it isn't a FICO score.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC, thank you a ton for that explanation.  I can fully understand things better now.

Message 6 of 9
yoda42
Valued Member

The Experian score via Wells Fargo promotion is Vantage 3.0 (850 scale).  Apparently we can get the score 5 times in 90 days (i just got it setup but had to call to get it set up). 

Message 7 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

(nm)
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will probably get different scores from businesses. I was told the best way to find out where you stand on your scores is to talk to a mortage person. They can pull it buy it is costly. I had a notice come in the mail telling me my experian credit score was 568 and a month later AT&T ran it and it showed 707. I don't know exactly how each company figures the scores. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.