Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding Old Delinquencies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question Regarding Old Delinquencies

1st Story: In 2003 I applied for a CC so my brother could buy a TV. For whatever reason my brother did not pay the CC for 90 days (he said they never sent him the bill when he moved a few states away) Once I received a collection letter, he resumed payment and a few months later paid the account in full.

Obviously this has hurt my credit, about a month ago he informed me that he has hired a company to write letters to the 3 credit unions and have this CC issue removed from his credit (he is purchasing a home within the next 2 years)

My question is; When this is removed from his credit report, will it also be removed from my credit report?

2nd story: In 2003 I had a deferred till graduation student loan for college through PNC Bank. For some odd reason they didn't have in the system that I was still a student (maybe because I paid the upcoming semester with cash instead of a getting another loan?) Before I knew what was going on, I received a 60 day delinquent notice Robot Mad I quickly called them and explained I was still in school (I believe I had to provide them proof) and they changed my loan back to deferred. Annoyed by the whole incident I just paid the loan off a few months later. At the time I did ask the customer service rep to remove the derogitory comment from my account but he refused because it was 60 days past due (despite it being an error on their part).

My question is; What should I do to correct this problem? The account was paid over 4.5 years ago and it along with the credit card above are my only negative comments on my report.

By the way, according to MyFico.com, my Equifax Fico score is 741 and I am 26 years old (projected to be 740-760 after I pay off my Christmas CC balances, which I did today in full) Smiley Wink I would like to get into the upper 700's to low 800's in the next year or 2

Message Edited by LarryM13 on 01-15-2008 09:18 AM

Message Edited by LarryM13 on 01-15-2008 09:18 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Question Regarding Old Delinquencies

Hi LarryM13 and welcome!

1) What type of account was this, joint or AU?  And with what company if you don't mind.  Is the card now closed?

2) To begin getting this fixed, I suggest that you write the creditor a very nice letter explaining their error and asking them to correct it.  Include any copies of supporting documentation if you still have it.  
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.