cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Signs of a junk debt collector?

tag
LaurenR
Established Member

Question: Signs of a junk debt collector?

I just saw in another thread about someone checking a CAs website and concluding that they don't look like a junk debt collector.

Now I'm pretty savvy about junk retail sites but I'm wondering for us newbies if there are any been there, done that signs that give away a junk debt collector up front either on or offline?

Message Edited by LaurenR on 02-29-2008 08:54 PM

Message Edited by LaurenR on 02-29-2008 08:54 PM

Message Edited by LaurenR on 02-29-2008 09:00 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question: Signs of a junk debt collector?

IMO  they are all junk dealers!!   Many people that have been here awhile also check different sites that give info. on anything to do with  credit. Also when reading the threads you will see  the names of CAs....members that have  had to deal with them and what they say about them

It is also word of thread   Info. is passed on & on through this forum
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted the thread you noted- 

I will now give you an example of a Junk Debt collector (as the DW just got one in the mail)

RJM Acquisitions Funding - do a google on them
Trying to collect for some Fingerhut account this even if it was the DW's it is 14+ years old-

I wrote up a FOAD letter for the DW to send-
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first post and I wanted to say that I had RJM contacting me about an old Fingerhut account the beginning of January. I don't even remember having one! LOL Anyways I sent them a out of SOL letter (CMRRR) and haven't heard a peep since! (It has been over 30 days.)
Message 4 of 5
LaurenR
Established Member

Heres a link to a site that has a list of notorious junk debt collectors along with company info and commonly used tactics.

AVOID THESE! Debt Collection Agencies, Debt Buyers, & Collector- Attorney - Law Offices!

http://www.budhibbs.com/coll_to_avoid_list.htm

Message Edited by LaurenR on 03-27-2008 01:00 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.