Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Authorized User

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Authorized User

I added someone to my discover card account as an AU. As far as i know discover reports AU but what gets reported? Does the whole history of the card goes to AU report or it shows like an account opened the day he was added? And if the AU doesn't have a FICO score when he will generate one from the card?

Thank you in advance for any help Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Authorized User

I’m AU on my GF Discover Card. Everything gets reported the same way it does for the primary account holder. The only difference is that under the “Responsibility” section, it says “Authorized user.” However, the responsibility aspect has no effect on overall credit scoring. The card being reported is all that matters.

Generally, it can take up to 6 months for a score to generate. This time varies based on the number of accounts open and other factors that I’m not knowledgeable enough to answer at this time but I’m sure someone will chime in and provide more info for you.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Authorized User

gbyyte is correct. I added my daughter and her husband to my Discover card. The CC appears on both of their CR. Only took a month or two.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.