Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about CA renegotiating a judgment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about CA renegotiating a judgment

I have friend who has a judgment against him that he is paying $150 a month on, which is what the original judgment settlement amount was agreed upon. It is from an old credit card that is his debt. He got a summons to court yesterday saying that the CA is taking him back to court to try and get more money per month from him because I guess they thought that the $150 a month wasn't paying the $3,000 off fast enough. He is in the state of Illinois. Is this legal to do? I would have thought that the first judgment in place would have been legally binding.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about CA renegotiating a judgment

He should try to settle for a lump sum if they will not-suit the orginal judgment.  

arative wrote:
I have friend who has a judgment against him that he is paying $150 a month on, which is what the original judgment settlement amount was agreed upon. It is from an old credit card that is his debt. He got a summons to court yesterday saying that the CA is taking him back to court to try and get more money per month from him because I guess they thought that the $150 a month wasn't paying the $3,000 off fast enough. He is in the state of Illinois. Is this legal to do? I would have thought that the first judgment in place would have been legally binding.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.