Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Collection Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Collection Account

We moved in November of 2002.  When we moved we changed phone companies.  With the move, christmas, mail forwarding etc.  We never received our last phone bill from our previous company.  It was sold to a collection agency in September of 2006 and was put on my report in August 2007.  I have tried to contact the collection agency about PFD but they have not responded to me.  Is this account on my CR considered 5 years old or 1 month old?  I disputed it with the CRA but they say the debt is valid.  If I can't get the collection agency to repond, can I dispute with the CRA again?  Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Collection Account

ficomom wrote:
We moved in November of 2002.  When we moved we changed phone companies.  With the move, christmas, mail forwarding etc.  We never received our last phone bill from our previous company.  It was sold to a collection agency in September of 2006 and was put on my report in August 2007.  I have tried to contact the collection agency about PFD but they have not responded to me.  Is this account on my CR considered 5 years old or 1 month old?  I disputed it with the CRA but they say the debt is valid.  If I can't get the collection agency to repond, can I dispute with the CRA again?  Thanks.

CRTP doesn not change. What is your SOL?  a CA can file suit if not past SOL   do not dispute again YET

DV the CA   CMRRR
    2 links to SOL

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.