Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about DV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about DV

I am getting ready to send my DV letters out to about five different CA.  I just read on this about.com website that unless it is in the 30 day time frame of when the CA first sent you notice of the debt they have no legal obligatin to validate the debt.  Some of these things have been on my Credit Report for 3 years.  Is it too late to demand them to validate these debts?  I don't want to cause more trouble for myself.  Thank you for your help!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about DV

SOL is important (if they get cantankerous - can you pay to avoid a lawsuit).  Send the letter --- can they prove they ever contacted you (via mail as required) probably not.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about DV

At the beginning of the letter stste " I just pulled my CR and find that you say the I owe you a debt"

This is telling them that this is the first that you heard about them.....they have 30 days to answer the DV....or stop all collections!     It is never too late to send a DV.

As Lady said   be sure of your SOL  or be ready to pay!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.