Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Dell.

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Question about Dell.

I have an account with dell with a 3,000 limit.  I have never skipped a payment or been late.  The current balance is around $650.

Can I have my DH added to this account and how will it affect his credit?  Good, Bad, does it report?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jackg
Established Contributor

Re: Question about Dell.

What reason would make you want to do this? Does he need a T/L on his CR?

Dell may or may not allow you to add an authorized user or they might tell you that all they can do is a "joint account". This means a hard inq. to his CR and then he shares financial responsibility for the account.

My ability to predict what will happen is zero, zilch, nada, uh uh, no way!!! It's not possible, even though you would think that adding a T/L should be a positive thing you would be surprised what happens.

It should report but I have no experience with Dell.

Hope you get what you're looking for
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Dell.

You can add him if possible and IF the lender reports (they all don't) it will probably boost his scores but only in the short term.  Even though there seems to be a debate about exactly when FICO will come into fruition, this new scoring model is supposed to exclude any effects the AU accounts have on the creditworthiness of the AU.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.