Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Dispute

I had DV'd a CA and they failed to properly validate so I disputed with all three CRA on this account. EQ deleted this account from my report but I received an email today from EX stating the account had been verified and updated. How can on reporting agency delete and the other say it is validated and updated? I am still waiting on TU decision on this account.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Dispute

This is a violation.

Send ITS letter.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy
What is an ITS? I did a search but couldn't find it.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

intend to sue
Message 4 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Send this letter to EX:

My Address

To: CRA
CRA Address
Date: June XX,2006

RE: Account #XXXXXXX/ Arrow Financial Services

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is a request for deletion of a disputed item. I have attempted to have this alleged debt verified by the alleged creditor and collection agency to no avail. I am respectfully requesting that Experian do what is legally mandated by the FCRA and FDCPA, and delete the account listing.

Arrow Financial Services, Account # XXXXXXXX

On March 21, 2006, Arrow Financial Services received a demand for validation from me. Attached is a copy of that letter along with the U.S. Post Office return receipt showing they did indeed receive the request. As of today, June XX, 2006, they have failed to provide any proof or respond in any way.
On May 2, 2006, I sent a second letter. Again, I have received no response. Attached is a copy of the letter and the U.S. Post Office showing they did receive that letter.

The FDCPA states they must cease collection activity until they have produced verification of the alleged debt if so requested. As per the FTC, this includes reporting to the credit bureaus, which they obviously have done illegally. It is quite evident that no such proof of this alleged debt exists or they would have provided it in the previous 3 months since it was requested.

As per the FCRA, if no proof of debt exists, it may not be reported to the credit reporting bureaus. The FCRA also states that the credit reporting agencies must accept written proof from the debtor.
Therefore, I am not asking for an investigation to be done, I am requesting that the entry be deleted in its entirety as there is no proof of its existence as evidenced by my attached documented proof.

Sincerely,

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani what kind of letter should I write if I want to pay Utility bill(coned), and to see if they that off the collection of my Credit report. Thank.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

never mind I just saw the letter that you wrote...thanks
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.