Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about FIA CSNA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about FIA CSNA

I just checked my yearly credit report and have a question about credit inquries I noticed that starting last year around May when I last check my credit scores a company called FIA CSNA has been creating a credit inquery for almost every month for the past 12 months and bank of america has created 5 inqueries in the past year as well also I haven't applied for any credit or opened any bank accounts in the last year

I do have a Bank Accounts and a Credit card with bank of america and I haven't done anything like overdrawn or pay a credit card bill late which would cause these accounts to become in bad standing

I did a check on all 3 credit agencys and there doesn't look like there is any type of fradlents loans or other types of bad credit everything is in good standing haven't recived any calls from debt collectors or anything like that

So my question is are all these credit inqueries normal?

Or should I be worried?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about FIA CSNA

Are these soft inquiries?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

There just listed as Account Review Inqueries on Transunion and Record Requests for Your Credit history on Experian doesn't say anything about a hard or soft Inqueries 

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

There just listed as Account Review Inqueries on Transunion and Record Requests for Your Credit history on Experian doesn't say anything about a hard or soft Inqueries 

I don't have a copy of my EX report in front of me and I may pull it in a sec, but TU's "Account Review" section is the section for soft inquiries. These don't hurt your credit any. Many (most all really) creditors will pull your CR from time to time as an account review to make sure you are within your means, don't have added baddies,etc. If they see that your account is at risk then many creditors will take adverse action to lower credit limits or even pre-emptively close accounts. These inquiries are normal. My Amex, for example, pulls monthly too. Seems like my BofA is quarterly, can't remember.

ETA...EX's soft inquiry section is "Inquiries shared only with you".

FIA CSNA, IIRC, underwrites different CCs, including BofA, I believe. Maybe stretching back to the MBNA days? I dunno.. They do or did others as well.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they were probably soft inquiries because they seem to be all credit card companies and I have been getting a lot of pre-approved credit offers in the past year

Thanks for the input

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH has a BofA CC in good standing, and is frequently softed by FIA CSNA.  The original hard pull for opening his BofA CC was also listed as FIA CSNA.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

DH has a BofA CC in good standing, and is frequently softed by FIA CSNA.  The original hard pull for opening his BofA CC was also listed as FIA CSNA.

Yup!

Just for the record, BofA uses the moniker FIA CSNA and also Bank of America.  Generally, but not always, "FIA CSNA" is used for BofA normal credit card products, but "Bank of America" is used for their secured card products at least when pulling the initial application hard inquiry.  YMMV

Basically, i think it is just the same monkey, but a different dress.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.