cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Inquires...(With Picture)

tag
Jansroom726
Regular Contributor

Question about Inquires...(With Picture)

Hey guys...

So I have a question about credit inquires.

In January of this year, I went car shopping. I wanted the best rate, and thus, I had many inquires. I know that the amount of inquires only affects your fico score ONCE if within a short period....however....does that amount of total inquires for the past 24 months hurt potential applications?

For example, this is what my inquires look like:

(The highlighted inquires are the auto-loan inquires)

Yet on my report it is showing:

TU: 7 EXP: 13 EQ: 11 

Any comments are appreciated. Just trying to understand this whole inquiry thing a little more and how they affect my score / overall picture to creditors. 

25 years old. Scores around 740. Income = 45K. Chase Car Loan @ 2.4%, AAOA = 2 years. Total Personal CL = 120k.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Question about Inquires...(With Picture)

@Jansroom726 wrote:

Hey guys...

So I have a question about credit inquires.

In January of this year, I went car shopping. I wanted the best rate, and thus, I had many inquires. I know that the amount of inquires only affects your fico score ONCE if within a short period....however....does that amount of total inquires for the past 24 months hurt potential applications?

For example, this is what my inquires look like:

(The highlighted inquires are the auto-loan inquires)

Yet on my report it is showing:

TU: 7 EXP: 13 EQ: 11 

Any comments are appreciated. Just trying to understand this whole inquiry thing a little more and how they affect my score / overall picture to creditors. 

The total amount of inquiries in the past 24 months can hurt you in certain cases. However, they are not factored into FICO scoring after a year, and most lenders disregard them as well, unless you have some derogs on file which a lender will then scrutinize your CR over every single detail.

Don't worry too much about inquiries that are >1 year old.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.