Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about PFD

I have a Citi CC that is charged-off on my credit report. A CA is calling me regarding the account, but they dont show up on my credit report just the Citi CC. My question is, if I sent a PFD to the CA would they be able to delete anything since the account is listed as charged-off by Citic and the CA does not show up on my credit report at all?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about PFD

Hi kirot3, welcome to the forum.   First what is the DOFD or DOLA     What is your state SOL?

Never Talk to a CA   Never dispute the TL  unless you know your SOL!!!!

simple SOL

If you are NOT past SOL  they can file a lawsuit!  If you are not past SOL and want to pay....you need to DV them first!  make them prove that it is yours and that they either OWN it or were assigned the debt.

Are CAs required to be licensed in your state?  If so are they?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying. The DOFD is Dec 2006 so the SOL has not passed. I am in Florida. The CA is United Collection Bureau and their website says their licensed in Florida.
I will follow the steps with regard to DV as set out on this board.
If they do validate though, do I have a chance with a PFD or would only the OC be able to delete since they are the only TL?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because the CO is new I doubt if the OC will delete BUT  that doesn't stop  the  CA from deleting.

The CA is licensed until Dec 2008.......DV  CMRRR  and then after they answer (within 30 days) send a PFD, BUT wait until they answer.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 01-02-2008 07:25 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.