Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about SOL & CRP

tag
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

Question about SOL & CRP

I have a old credit card that I settled on in Spring 2003 (the account still shows account charged off though).  The first deliquency date was in October 2001 - charged off in March 2002.  I'm thinking that:

1.  The SOL start date is October 2001 and ended in October 2006 (KS).

2.  The CRP will end April 2009 (7.5 years from first deliquency).

Is my math correct?

The account is with providian financial - do you think I could still do a PFD with them even though I've already paid about 2/3 of the past due balance?  Also, has anyone had luck with PIF for restatement of the credit card?

Thanks for the help.

Cathleen
10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about SOL & CRP

It's way back in 2003, for giggles I would dispute it as not mine.   They may not have to the time to go through back records and plus I do believe Providian was bought out by WaMu and sometimes old records get "lost".  

If they dont' respond  then it will be taken off.     It's worth a shot.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about SOL & CRP

azsassycat wrote:
I have a old credit card that I settled on in Spring 2003 (the account still shows account charged off though).  The first deliquency date was in October 2001 - charged off in March 2002.  I'm thinking that:

1.  The SOL start date is October 2001 and ended in October 2006 (KS).

2.  The CRP will end April 2009 (7.5 years from first deliquency).

Is my math correct?

The account is with providian financial - do you think I could still do a PFD with them even though I've already paid about 2/3 of the past due balance?  Also, has anyone had luck with PIF for restatement of the credit card?

Thanks for the help.

Cathleen

Look at CR from TU and EX...they will give you the exact drop date. If you can't read it call the CRAs and ask....don't be shocked if they have different dates.

The dates that CRA has is the DOFD..........SOL might be before that date

What do you mean settled in 2003??   did you settle for less   did you PFD  what??

IF you did not PFD  they can sell to any CA & try for the complete amount.

I would dispute it with all CRAs that are reporting.

I had 1 with them & it dropped!!

You are past SOL do they can not sue.  Drop date does NOT change. Just keep an eye on CR incase
a CA shows....

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-04-2007 01:55 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.