Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about True Credit "Scores" and Myfico scores

tag
ozgirl
Regular Contributor

Question about True Credit "Scores" and Myfico scores

I may be missing something here but....I am under the impression that Truecredit is somehow affliated with Transunion. If this is the case then why is my transunion score on Truecredit different from the Transunion score through Myfico? I would think that since the Myfico score is suppose to be the "true" or reliable score (for transunion) it would match the "real" transunion site.

Should I just stop obsessing about these 10 points and eat a bowl of ice-cream?

Cheers
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about True Credit "Scores" and Myfico scores

fako vs fico. if you want the blow by blow read the credit scoring 101 thread.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh, and i hope that's haggan das!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ben & Jerry's for me -- Chunky Monkey or New York Fudge SuperChunk (either with Fudge Sauce and whipped cream)

Stop obsessing!  Enjoy a bowl of ice cream.  This is from someone battling the flu and its nausea.
Message 4 of 8
ozgirl
Regular Contributor

You bet it is Hagen Daz! Yes, I have read the Fako v. Fico in Credit 101. It just doesn't seem to be logical--then again nothing about credit scoring is logical (unless you have a PhD in mathematics)

Back to the ice-cream and watching my season 3 of Grey's Anatomy
Message 5 of 8
ozgirl
Regular Contributor

Hope you feel better soon...

This cold rainy weather makes everything seem worse. I need to be back in the Southern Hemisphere where it is summer!!
Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, ozgirl, I always enjoy it when you drop in! The FICO score is generated by the FICO formula, and the TC FAKO is generated by whatever they have scribbled out on sticky notes and the backs of envelopes.

So the two sites have the same data to crunch, but their black boxes are different, so different scores spit out the other side.

What's really fun is explaining that Equifax sells the actual EQ FICO score from its site, but the EQ scores that come from monitoring services are FAKO's. EQ even has its own 3-in-1, and if I were even more obsessed with scoring than I already am, I would pay for those scores, and see if the EQ 3-in-1 score is the same as the EQ FICO. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
ozgirl
Regular Contributor

Strange how "score chasing" and credit report monitoring becomes such an obsession. I swear I get as excited about purchasing credit scores/reports as I do about purchasing shoes/handbags--now that is just plain sick (ha ha)

I have pledged to avoid purchasing any fakos (despite my curiosity). There is really no point--but darn--I just want to know. Oh well!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.