cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about auto loan payoff

tag
Bad_Credit_Rising

Question about auto loan payoff

In a couple weeks, I will be making the last of my 72 payments on my auto loan (WooHoo!!!) My question is how this may affect my credit score? Would it affect it positively for paying off a 6 yr. loan with all payments on time, or might it be negative because that is one less payment that I will have reported each month? If it's a good thing, how much of a score increase might I see?

Also, just some advice if I may....After the car loan is done, the only credit report items I will have is my mortgage, Capital One card, and a student loan that will be coming off forebearance in May. Is that enough credit items do you thing or should I try and open another account or 2? I have the extra incoime to do so, but wouldnt want to bother  if it won't have a chance of improving my score....Thanks for any advice!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about auto loan payoff

My vote would be no change to your FICO. There might be a small chance for an uptick if this $0 balance-to-be results in most of your accounts reporting $0.

ETA...you'll probably benefit from a 2nd revolving.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.