Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about credit monitoring services

tag
furkidz3
Regular Contributor

Question about credit monitoring services

I recently signed up with Equifax credit watch gold and previously with Truecredit (TU).
I have received alerts from both services within the last couple of days about an update on one of my accounts. The so called "details" are not very clear to me and I would like to get an updated version of my credit reports. Do these sites not update whenever there is a change, or do I have to wait 30 days in order to get the full details on these changes and what effect they might have on my scores? I am still new to all of this CMS stuff.

Message Edited by furkidz3 on 04-06-2008 01:30 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
furkidz3
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about credit monitoring services/ updating

Okay, I feel stupid.
I went to both sites and updated my reports (DUH)Smiley Very Happy
So my FAKOs went up, but I think the updates were trying to tell me that one of my OCs just zeroed out my balance (but now I am expecting a hit and lowering of my scores due to that balance going to a CA who has not yet reported) It is now a charged off account!!
Could this be the case?Smiley Sad

Message Edited by furkidz3 on 04-06-2008 03:27 PM
Message 2 of 3
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: Question about credit monitoring services/ updating

That is possible.  Just hope they didn't sell it to an CA.  Then you will see a really bad hit on your score.  Smiley Surprised

furkidz3 wrote:
Okay, I feel stupid.
I went to both sites and updated my reports (DUH)Smiley Very Happy
So my FAKOs went up, but I think the updates were trying to tell me that one of my OCs just zeroed out my balance (but now I am expecting a hit and lowering of my scores due to that balance going to a CA who has not yet reported) It is now a charged off account!!
Could this be the case?Smiley Sad

Message Edited by furkidz3 on 04-06-2008 03:27 PM

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.