Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about credit repair

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about credit repair

I work a couple of days a week for a good friend of mine who owns a small business.  Her credit is in shambles due to a bankruptcy and then late payments (we had a devastating ice storm that basically destroyed their business for 3 months).  She mentioned that she is looking into "credit repair" companies and I'm concerned.  They seem shady to me, but I admit that I know nothing about them.  Any advice?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about credit repair

fish70 wrote:
I work a couple of days a week for a good friend of mine who owns a small business.  Her credit is in shambles due to a bankruptcy and then late payments (we had a devastating ice storm that basically destroyed their business for 3 months).  She mentioned that she is looking into "credit repair" companies and I'm concerned.  They seem shady to me, but I admit that I know nothing about them.  Any advice?

Yes tell hjer to come here and surf the web.  If she can run a business, she can repair her own credit as well as any credit repair agency can with legal means and save a lot of money.

Message 2 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Tell her to save her money. They are doing nothing that you cannot do yourself. Not to mention, they WILL do more harm than good. To start with, the CRA can effectively tell them to go to he** when they dispute:

QUOTE(FCRA)
(G) Exclusion of credit repair organizations. This paragraph shall not apply if the notice of the dispute is submitted by, is prepared on behalf of the consumer by, or is submitted on a form supplied to the consumer by, a credit repair organization, as defined in section 403(3), or an entity that
would be a credit repair organization, but for section 403(3)(i).

Also, there's an act that regulates credit repair organizations.

I understand the time issue all too well. But here the CRO is not a shortut it is dangerous and costly.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The very best CROs will waste your time and money, only. Many screw up your credit even worse.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.