cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about disputes

tag
tooscope2

Question about disputes

I have about 7 different disputes, 6 are pretty legit and one is a close call.  Is it better to send separate letters for each dispute or keep all the disputes in one letter.  Also, is there any secret to getting a quicker response than 30 days from the credit bureau.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about disputes

R they 7 disputes on a single credit bureau or 7 disputes on all 3 or 7 disputes in all?  If your confident that they are all erroneous then you can send all at once but it makes you look kind of frivolous.  Online is sometimes quicker but most of the time they'll still take 30 days.
Message 2 of 3
yoreljm
New Contributor

Re: Question about disputes

I dont know of any tricks to make them go faster, but, I disputed online, and Experian deleted in about 12 days and TransUnion deleted in less than 20 (i'm not sure how long it took because i did not get a confirmation; i just pulled my report and saw the account was not there). I'm still waiting on Equifax.

In some ways you should WISH they take their times. Because if they take longer than the 30 days, they have to remove (or correct) the account.

Maybe you should also send letters to creditors telling them to delete the items. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.