Question about experian credit report i got in the mail

tag
pat0812
Regular Contributor

Question about experian credit report i got in the mail

hello,

i ordered by mail my credit report from experian in august

i got it in the mail 10 days later.

i can view my report also online by logging onto the experian website and typing in the report number 

what is strange is that when i do that, i don't see my august report, it lets me see my current report from october. is that normal ?

shouldn't i be able only to see the report of august ? i see that september is showing up as OK on all my credit lines

So from now on i can access every month this report and it will show me an updated report

how come it's like that ?

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Question about experian credit report i got in the mail

No. The CRA's don't keep old reports for you. So you have to either save them or print them. My advice is to keep copies of all previous credit reports bc you never know what you might need in the future. When you ordered it was August so you got August. It is normal that when you obtain access to CR thru the CRA websites, they show the current most updated report (Unless you are going and checking on an online dispute).

But I'm confused - you say September is showing up "ok" --- do you mean august doesn't have your payment records showing?
STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 5
pat0812
Regular Contributor

I meant I see the updated on. So from now on I can access the Experian report for free for the rest of my life? Because everytime I log on its shows up the most updated report
FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 3 of 5
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Shhh, if that is the case you don't want to ruin it.

Message 4 of 5
Cloudlb
Regular Contributor

Be careful, and watch your bank statements.  I ordered a "free" report from Experien (some time ago) and declined the monthly watch feature.  Lo and behold, next bank statement there was a charge for a monthly watch item.  Zing!  I had to call and complain and get them to remove it.  Evil people!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.