Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about how lenders pull credit reports

tag
salek10
Regular Contributor

Question about how lenders pull credit reports

I recently tried to pull my free annual report (first time ever) from Equifax, and I got a message saying that EQ could not identify me so I had to request it by mail. I'll take care of that later on this week. My question is, If I apply for a credit card, will the lending bank/financial institution be able to obtain my EQ report?? will they pull the other 2 instead?? 

my Discover IT shows me my TU FICO so I assume TU has no problem identifying me, and I also got an EX score when I applied for my Chase Freedom, so i think the only problem is EQ idk

My Wallet: BofACashRewards $12,500 || Amex EveryDay $12,000 || CSP $6,000 || Fidelity Amex $5,000 || Citi Double Cash $4,400 || Chase Freedom $4,000 || Chase Slate $3,000 || Discover it $3,000 || BofABetterBalance $2,900 || AmexCosto: $2,200 || ExpressStore Card 1,400

FICO Transunion: 730
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about how lenders pull credit reports

@salek10 wrote:

I recently tried to pull my free annual report (first time ever) from Equifax, and I got a message saying that EQ could not identify me so I had to request it by mail. I'll take care of that later on this week. My question is, If I apply for a credit card, will the lending bank/financial institution be able to obtain my EQ report?? will they pull the other 2 instead?? 

my Discover IT shows me my TU FICO so I assume TU has no problem identifying me, and I also got an EX score when I applied for my Chase Freedom, so i think the only problem is EQ idk

No, creditors will not have a problem pulling your report. Since its your first request to view your report they want to verify your ID, this is all I would write into this scenario.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.