Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about incompletes?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about incompletes?

Hello everyone... My wife and I just took the plung and are ready to get busy cleaning our credit up! We are FINALLY at a point we are not living paycheck-to-paycheck.. yeah!! With my wife having cancer surgery 2 years ago (she's OK) and myself having surgery end of last year... the road to (finacial) recovery has been a tough one... we are finally caught up on our regular monthly bills (we were paying a month behind - shut off notices) .. not good I know but it was the best we could do...

We have pulled both of our credit reports and scores from all three...

Mine are:

TU = 510
EQ = 493
EX = 553

The wifes are about 30 - 50 point higher than mine.. Smiley Sad  I know, BIG time messed up!! that's why we are here.) We are hoping that in aprox 3 to 5 years we will be able to buy or build a home.

Now to my questions...

1. What constitutes "incomplete information" when you try to get the CRA's to provide or remove?

I have quite a few that have "Not on Record" for the original creditor and Collection agency and contact information...   how am I supposed to know who these are and how to get a hold of them? Can I get these "provide info or remove?"

2. I also have a judgement that is on one twice but different totals? It IS from the same creditor, first is when they sued us and got the judgement and the second is when they siezed our bank account with added fees for missing a promise to pay .. Long story.. LOL   How do I go about getting this fixed? Do I contact the creditor? Their Lawyer? The Court?

There are also a few that I have no clue to what they are... I don't think they are mine so I'm going to contest them...

Welp, enough for now... I know this is going to be a LONG AND HARD ROAD but the wife and I are set on doing what it takes to clean our records up and increase our credit scores.

Thanks in advance for all of your input and future help! We'll be here for a while.. Smiley Happy

Dave & Dee

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about incompletes?

hi welcome

I was in your shoes not too long ago. One month ago a found this site and my scores have gone up so much since then. The first thing I did was print out all three of my credit reports and thing that I didnot know or think that was mine I disputed them threw the credit bureaus. The judgement I would call the court house and see if you can get any info on them. I also signed up for true credit monitoring service. they will let you know if you have any changes on your credit report. When I see a change then I would pull it from myFICO score. True credit are fako scores and they may be off. The real scores are the Fico scores. Anything that you may owe on your credit report I would send letters to them that if you pay it in full would they remove it from your credit report. Send everything in writing and dont send out any money untill you get their response.  Look on this web site for how to type and send your letters. They have very good examples that you can use, but try to re word it to your own situation. You can also send out Good will letters asking the company to remove the bad stuff off your credit report. I save all my letters on my computer and if I dont hear from them I send out another one.
I do alote of reading and learning on this site. It a awsome site. I paid off all my collections off before I knew about this site and how you can send letters that you will pay if off if they agree to remove it from your credit report. Iam sure their are other people out there with better advice, but this is what I have been doing and it has been working so far.
Good luck to you Smiley HappySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Wolf...

Anyone know about my "incomplete" question??

Here is what I have a lot of... how am I supposed to know the creditor/collection agency??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collection on debt to: Not on Record

The collection agency "660yc00000" was hired to collect a debt of $129 originally owed to "Not on Record" on account number "XXX0460".

Collection agency 660yc00000
Original balance $129
Current balance (as of Feb 01,2007) $129
Status (as of Feb 01, 2007) Unpaid
Date assigned Jun 01, 2001
Date reported Feb 01, 2007
Date last active Feb 01, 2001
Original lender Not on Record
Account number XXX0460
Account holder Individual

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of the above info has been edited... this is EXACTLY how it shows on my CR...

Thanks

Dave

Message Edited by David_S on 08-02-2007 06:19 PM

Message Edited by David_S on 08-02-2007 06:21 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody??  Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David, im kinda new but it all looks like a medical bill. And it looks like all the same.

If I am correct the DOFD is 2/2001 and should fall of CR around 2/2008.

please wait for somone else to answer you.Medical bill might be different.

Medical things are usually in just #s   not account #
IT IS a CA though!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-03-2007 05:21 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

David_S wrote:
Thanks Wolf...

Anyone know about my "incomplete" question??

Here is what I have a lot of... how am I supposed to know the creditor/collection agency??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collection on debt to: Not on Record

The collection agency "660yc00000" was hired to collect a debt of $129 originally owed to "Not on Record" on account number "XXX0460".

Collection agency 660yc00000
Original balance $129
Current balance (as of Feb 01,2007) $129
Status (as of Feb 01, 2007) Unpaid
Date assigned Jun 01, 2001
Date reported Feb 01, 2007
Date last active Feb 01, 2001
Original lender Not on Record
Account number XXX0460
Account holder Individual

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of the above info has been edited... this is EXACTLY how it shows on my CR...

Thanks

Dave

Message Edited by David_S on 08-02-2007 06:19 PM

Message Edited by David_S on 08-02-2007 06:21 PM

I'm in the same boat and the sucky thing is that this colletion is only reporting to Equifax, who seems to have a problem naming collection agencies and original creditors.  Mine it turns out is a medical collections (I only know that because I also have True Credit and "medical" is the in commen box under this account.  I disputed it as "not mine".  Still awaiting results.  It's also due to fall off early next year so, I'm not entirely worried.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.