cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about inquires and applying for a new card to replace a bad credit card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about inquires and applying for a new card to replace a bad credit card.

Hello All,

I use credit karma and base on the information they give me I am not sure if I will get aproved for a new card to replace a First Premier credit card. I have a TU 668, 5 accounts, 1 derogatory ER bill (I am trying to fix because I don't think it is mine so going to dispute it with the Hospital), 9 inquires in last 2 years and Equifax 727, 5 accounts and 6 inquires in the last 2 years. I have a first premier card that I would like to replace with a better credit card that doesn't charge 8 dollars a month and annual fee just to keep the card. I am worried if I apply I might get denied and I don't want another inquire if I do try and get denied. I am closing on a house tomorrow so I will not be applying right away but I would like to apply for a credit card (Lowes or Bestbuy or Home Depot) to buy a washer and dry and dump the First Premier card.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about inquires and applying for a new card to replace a bad credit card.

I would pull your FICO scores from Credit Check Total and post those, you'll get better answers regarding who to apply with.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about inquires and applying for a new card to replace a bad credit card.

Home Depot CC prequalification link in my signature.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up for Credit Check Total and the scores are Experian 732, Transunion 671, Equifax 724 and fico score 8 for all of them. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey ABCD2199, I seen your spreadsheet and these cards are soft inquires not hard is that right? Does that mean if I don't get the card it will not hurt my score?

Message 5 of 7
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I would try Amex. They should pull your Experian report. You'll get cash back rewards on various categories with the BCE and with your score, should also receive the 0% promo to purchase your appliances. You'll probably be eligible for the spend bonus also.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both I went with Amex and got aproved and I used the links. This help so much Thank you again.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.