Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about judgements on reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about judgements on reports

I have two judgements against me in small claims court which appear on my credit reports. The status of these is listed as "not reported" in both cases. However, other factors are also listed the same way (including plantiff). Is this the only way cases are reported in Nevada? Is there any way to get these listed as paid? (BTW..both have been paid in full) Will this make a significant enough impact on my score to make it worthwhile? Or better yet...any way possible to get these removed? They are legit...so I don't really have any avenue to dispute them. But is it possible to get these removed through GW letters, etc? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about judgements on reports

I had a judgement from small claims court I disputed and it was removed.  I forgot to make it to court or it wouldn't have got onto my credit report.  It was easier than I thought.  I disputed the fact I was going to have to go to court to begin with.  The place I used to tan (years ago) claimed I owed them $30.  I'm just glad it was removed! Try disputing, it might work!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who would I dispute a judgement to? Do I write a letter to the court? Or to the company which filed the suit? If its part of a legal record, isn't it automatic to show up on a CR?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since they are paid judgments, dispute with the CRAs as inaccurate. Don't help the CRAs by providing copies of anything--other than proof of who you are. Just dispute them.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.