cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about paying collection account that are getting ready to fall off report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about paying collection account that are getting ready to fall off report?

I pulled my credit reports and one of them has I think like 10 potentially negative collection accounts.  I also noticed that about 7 of those will be falling off within the year.  However, we were hoping to be able to buy a home before a year is up.  Should I send them the letter about paying for settlement and removing from report, or should I wait and let them fall off?  Most of these are medical collections.  Any advice would be appreciated.  You guys are great at this.  If the time is almost up I defenitely do not want to start the 7 years all over again. 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about paying collection account that are getting ready to fall off report?

Paying never restarts the clock. If they restart you can sue.
Message 2 of 3
bmr4blu

Re: Question about paying collection account that are getting ready to fall off report?

You should wait and the lender will tell which ones you should pay when you are applying for a home loan. The lender will advise which collections should be paid before escrow can be closed or before you can be pre-approved.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.