Regular Contributor
PeggyFair

Question about the way creditors send updates to the bureaus?

I was wondering exactly what info the credit card companies send to the bureaus every month. Do they ONLY send that month's activity, or do they have to somehow submit not only that month but the whole history of the tl each time they submit? My common sense tells me that it is the former, but the reason why I ask is because I have heard of cases where a person disputes something from say, 5 years ago, and then the information is deleted, only to reapper back on the credit report a couple of months later. This scenario would lead me to believe that they are regularly updating the entire history of the tl. If the cc companies are only sending the present month's activity, then how would something that was deleted be reported again by them? Does this make any sense?
04/18/2008 TU 723 EQ 715 EX 746
Regular Contributor
PeggyFair

Re: Question about the way creditors send updates to the bureaus?

BUMP!!
Senior Contributor
smallfry

PeggyFair wrote:
BUMP!!

They see a heck of a lot more than we see on our reports.
Regular Contributor
PeggyFair

What do you mean by that? Do you mean that they can even see things that have dropped off of people's report even after the 7 year limit? I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+