Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for anyone using Enhanced Identity Theft Protection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question for anyone using Enhanced Identity Theft Protection

I have been using this from Wells Fargo to see changes in my reports and the numbers I have are right in line with myFICO EQ number, so I decided to keep it :-)

My question is - what is the Experian Score Tracker number that is showing up on the graph?  It is 100 points higher than my numbers on average, so I know it's not a real score, just wondering what the heck it is.  My credit pulls there are on the 21st of each month, and this Experian Score Tracker number is showing up on the 1st of the month. 

Thanks for your help!  I can always call the customer support line, but figured I'd try you all first :-)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question for anyone using Enhanced Identity Theft Protection

I subscribed to WF's EIDT after researching it for the CMS Thread. If I understand your question right, you want to know why your EX is higher than everything else? All three scores are exactly the same score via a FAKO called a CreditXpert score. Why your EX CreditXpert would show up on the first, I don't know. It's past the first and my FAKO is still the same with no graph movement when I first subscribed early last month. Maybe Experian and CreditXpert have a contract to provide scores on the first? I dunno. If I don't get a new score on the 10th (my subscription date) and appears on the Aug 1, then I guess that would be the answer: EX updates on the first. As far as the scores change, FAKO is as FAKO does. If it is updating on a different date, then mabe things changed between your 20th and the EX first update.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I see the 3 scores on the graph as of the 21st, but then on June 1st I had an EXP Score Tracker score in gray that was 100 points higher than my EXP score on the 21st.  So could my score really fluctuate that much during the course of the month???  If so, I might be in a good position in a few months to buy a car if I do it near the 1st of the month!  LOL

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks - I see the 3 scores on the graph as of the 21st, but then on June 1st I had an EXP Score Tracker score in gray that was 100 points higher than my EXP score on the 21st.  So could my score really fluctuate that much during the course of the month???  If so, I might be in a good position in a few months to buy a car if I do it near the 1st of the month!  LOL

I don't see that on mine. I couldn't even guess what that would be. I guess if I saw it, I would compare it to the other EX FAKOs that are used by other CMSs I subscribe to (e.g. CCT), just in case they are making a change with the product. I would also pull EX from somewhere to see if there were any changes, just in case. Certainly if you pulled all your Experian scores out there you would see a 100+ point range, but pulling your EX will help satisfy that curiosity of whether or not something changed to warrant a possible score change.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, so to satisfy my curiosity, I called customer service.  I was told that it is a different rating scale based on a 900 point scale vs. the 850 scale.  So that accounts for roughly 50 of those points.  I am clueless at to the rest.

These FAKO's are going to be the end of me, but they are SO addicting to check!  Credit Karma has me way higher on my scores that either myFICO or EITP.  100 points difference there too.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.