Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for the Fico veterans

tag
Neverknewaboutcredit
Valued Member

Question for the Fico veterans

First let me say thank you to the Fico veterans for all the advice I've received from these forums. 

I normally just read and learn for everyone but tonight I'm going to ask for advice. My wife and I are building a new house and for past reasons (foreclosure in 2009) I'm not able to get a conventional mortgage in my name for 3 more years. Our loan officer suggested that we eliminate certain debts that are in my wife's name so she could qualify for the new loan. So I had our credit union restructure the car loans in my name, was not hard to do cause we were both on those loans to begin with and my credit is in better shape than hers.

My wife and I keep separate accounts and I'm very credit responsible and carry no balances on any of my cards and well she's not. She has 3 cards with balances $7500,$4500,$4300 so on to my question, how should I go about getting these balances paid and off her reports? The cards in my signature are current and I have plenty of room to absorb her balances. My WPCU card has a great rate of 6.5% no fees to use cash or balance transfer fees and USBank visa 0% for 9 months, 5/3rd has 12 months 0% but these cards have balance transfer fees of 3,4%

Any advice is greatly appreciated and once again a humble thank you from a guy that first stumbled onto these forums with a cap one rebuild card with a $300 CL, 

THANK YOU!!!

WPCU visa $30K , Amex BCE 15K,Amex Hilton Surpass $9k, Cap1 Business Spark $4.5k, Sync Lowes $25K,GECU visa $5k, Cap1 QS visa $20K, Discover $20.8K Citi/Home Depot $5K, Citi/Costco visa $12K,US Bank Kroger visa 15K, US Bank Cash + $10K, Huntington Voice MC 10K, 5/3rd Real Life MC 10K
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question for the Fico veterans

@Neverknewaboutcredit wrote:

First let me say thank you to the Fico veterans for all the advice I've received from these forums. 

I normally just read and learn for everyone but tonight I'm going to ask for advice. My wife and I are building a new house and for past reasons (foreclosure in 2009) I'm not able to get a conventional mortgage in my name for 3 more years. Our loan officer suggested that we eliminate certain debts that are in my wife's name so she could qualify for the new loan. So I had our credit union restructure the car loans in my name, was not hard to do cause we were both on those loans to begin with and my credit is in better shape than hers.

My wife and I keep separate accounts and I'm very credit responsible and carry no balances on any of my cards and well she's not. She has 3 cards with balances $7500,$4500,$4300 so on to my question, how should I go about getting these balances paid and off her reports? The cards in my signature are current and I have plenty of room to absorb her balances. My WPCU card has a great rate of 6.5% no fees to use cash or balance transfer fees and USBank visa 0% for 9 months, 5/3rd has 12 months 0% but these cards have balance transfer fees of 3,4%

Any advice is greatly appreciated and once again a humble thank you from a guy that first stumbled onto these forums with a cap one rebuild card with a $300 CL, 

THANK YOU!!!

If it were I'd put the $12K from the first two cards of her onto your WPCU card and so that you don't go over 50% utilization put the $4300 onto your US Bank card.  A lot depends on how quickly you plan on paying down the balances.  If it's going to be a short period put the entire amount on the WPCU card to of the BT fees.  However if you're going to carry balances for a year then pitting the $4300 on the US Bank card might make sense.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.