cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for the credit swavy!! (about collection delete)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question for the credit swavy!! (about collection delete)

Hi there all,
I asked this question before and I didnt get a response so here it goes again.
OK i disputed a collection with two of the agencies and one decided to keep it and the other removed it. My question is what happens now? Will it be removed at all of them or stay the same? What should I do now?
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question for the credit swavy!! (about collection delete)

As the CRAs do not share information (they are competitors), it won't be removed unless you take action to have it removed.

Is the collection past SOL for you?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The debt is from june 2004 from nevada bell. The debt was paid and I had talked with them at that time and was told it would be removed. When i checked my report 4 months or more later it still showed as unpaid and was still on file. so i called and talked to the collection agency who said i had to dispute it with the credit agencies because they had already sent out the info a long time ago. Now TU has removed it and exsperian said it would remain.
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do i find out the sol in nevada?
Message 4 of 21
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
The debt is from june 2004 from nevada bell. The debt was paid and I had talked with them at that time and was told it would be removed. When i checked my report 4 months or more later it still showed as unpaid and was still on file. so i called and talked to the collection agency who said i had to dispute it with the credit agencies because they had already sent out the info a long time ago. Now TU has removed it and exsperian said it would remain.

Did you get any of that in writing from the CA? If not, go back to them and ask them to keep their word, this time in writing.

Message 5 of 21
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get any of that in writing from the CA? If not, go back to them and ask them to keep their word, this time in writing.
I tried that first. See months after i paid it, it was still on my credit report showing as not paid. So i called and she told me that they had already sent the information to the credit agencies and I needed to dispute it with them. So that is what i did

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok im confused about the SOL thing. two questions here. First does the Sol count for where i when i take the debt or where they send me the bills from? Second what would a phone bill be considered as? Written contracts Oral contracts Promissory notes Open accounts (including credit cards
Message 8 of 21
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Okay, but they are not keeping their word, b/c it is coming back verified. They need to know that, so you need something in writing.

Message 9 of 21
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

SOL from where you lived when you incurred the debt and where you currently live. I would say a phone bill is an open account (but interpreting some of these gives me trouble some times). Someone with better knowledge of this will chime in soon.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.