Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for this group

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question for this group

Sorry, but I posted something yesterday and it got deleted, so here it goes again: Who actually has the authority to submit information to the CRAs and when is this usually done? Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question for this group

Hey Ponyman, Good question. Iwould like to know this question too.
Message 2 of 3
Dawn
Established Contributor

Re: Question for this group

Ponyman wrote:
Sorry, but I posted something yesterday and it got deleted, so here it goes again: Who actually has the authority to submit information to the CRAs and when is this usually done? Thanks.

From Wikipedia ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_bureau

"Credit bureaus collect and collate personal financial data on individuals and businesses from data furnishers with which the bureaus have a relationship. Data furnishers are businesses, utilities, debt collection agencies, public institutions, and the courts (i.e. public records) that a consumer or business has had a relationship or experience with."

When data gets reported varies depending upon the situation. Businesses and financial institutions that extend credit to you usually report monthly.  Utilities and others that don't normally report positive history, may report negative information based upon their own time-table.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.