Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on BK 7 11 years ago.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on BK 7 11 years ago.....

hi

i filled a BK7 11 years ago, and its no were to be seen on my reports which is in good standings.
now.. if a question on a loan froum comes up " did u ever claim BK"  i can say "NO" right?

plz advise

thanks

mike

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on BK 7 11 years ago.....

Mike - No, you can't say "no," because "ever," means "ever in your lifetime."  But if your loan application (or a job application, etc.) does ask have you "ever" filed, I would point out that it was 11 years ago, and since then you have worked very hard to maintain good credit which is now evident on your CR.  Show them that that was then, this is now. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only problem is, given the New World Order mentality these people have, "then" was never "then." It's always "now." You know one of the primary reasons America is getting flushed right down the commode is because people in this soon-to-be EX superpower have forgotten the words "none of your $%&@#$* business."
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan apps will almost always only ever ask about a BK within the past X number of years.

Jobs, particularly those involving a security clearance, are usually the ones asking about past BKs. Those are the ones you need to be careful about because lying on those could constitute a criminal violation. Had a low level security clearance years ago. They never asked about a BK.

For a loan app, unless it's thru a gumint agency with a perjury threat clause in the signature box, seems unlikely they'd ever find an old BK. They could, in theory, but not likely.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That must have been how the 9/11 hijackers got their visas and whatnot. "Ah, let's see gentlemen...have you ever filed BK before? No? Well hey, come right in, have yourselves a ball..."
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

mtfam5 wrote:
hi

i filled a BK7 11 years ago, and its no were to be seen on my reports which is in good standings.
now.. if a question on a loan froum comes up " did u ever claim BK"  i can say "NO" right?

plz advise

thanks

mike

Good question if its nowhere to be seen I would say no or leave blank intantionally.  Most apps ask if you've ever filed in the last 7-10 yrs.  After the BK expires that is supposed to be your chance for a fresh credit start and that question violates that.  Now if asked on a job application, I would say yes as it will probably be obtained through public records.   With the new credit check systems I have found that I have been asked questions on verification of application information obtained from public records.

I'll research it more and get back to you... interesting

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Myself, I'm to the point that I would say no. If they do find out, I'll just give the same answer every politician in Washington does. "Sorry, I don't recall that."

Bottom line: if the company is going to be that hard to get along with and snoop that much into my personal life, I don't want to work for them anyway.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.