cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on CA Collections Removal- Time frame and how big of a jump in score?

tag
blackswan22
New Contributor

Re: Question on CA Collections Removal- Time frame and how big of a jump in score?

But how is it you all are having these things removed??/ Thats whats confusing me?? I really need to have somethings removed (paid off and deleted)  as well. Please tell us the steps in which you all seem to be using and working!! Congrats to all!!! ANy score increase is a great thing even if its a couple of points :-)

Starting Score: EQ 495 Ex 585 TU 582
Current Score: EQ 610 EX 662 TU 682
Goal Score: EQ 680 EX 700 TU 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on CA Collections Removal- Time frame and how big of a jump in score?

blackswan22 wrote:
But how is it you all are having these things removed??/ Thats whats confusing me?? I really need to have somethings removed (paid off and deleted)  as well. Please tell us the steps in which you all seem to be using and working!! Congrats to all!!! ANy score increase is a great thing even if its a couple of points :-)

There's a great deal of information in these forums. I started my repair in August and by late October, all of my scores bumped by over 100 points each. Unfortunately, I applied for too much too fast and the new credit hurt, but it will bounce back.

All the advice I got came from this forum.
Message 12 of 18
blackswan22
New Contributor

yes, but what did you do to get the score increases?

Message 13 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

blackswan22 wrote:
yes, but what did you do to get the score increases?

I started at the low to mid 500s. I ordered all three reports directly with the CRAs and ordered also all three via MyFICO. My credit included about 5 collections on one report, 2 on another and 0 on the third. I also had about 3 CO accts from 5-6 yrs ago. I also had no CCs except for a closed one from 5 yrs ago.

I disputed directly w/ each CRA. That alone eliminated about 3-4 baddies. DVs went out at the same time to each disputed creditor. I also sent 3-4 PFDs. Out of the first batch of PFDs and DVs, only one acct was deleted and nobody accepted the PFD. I also sent out 2 or 3 GWs. None of those worked. Since I didn't have any CCs, I appd, foolishly, to everything. But of that, I got Juniper SeaMiles, Credit One, and a secured Orchard. I did all of this within the first 4 weeks. Of that, my scores all reported between 610 and 650 at the 6 week mark. During that time, I pulled MyFICO reports on all 3 twice a month. So, 8/1, 8/15, 8/31, and then 9/15.

From 9/15 to 10/1 I appd more and got Macys and Bloomies. I should have stopped there though. The new credit hurt my scores later. In October through early November, I sent out more GWs, DVs and PFDs (most a second time around). I did have a repo removed via a GW, but nothing else worked. By mid - October, all of the scores were around 650. Because of the new credit and inquiries (up to 35 on EX alone), my scores dropped an avg of 24 pts each. You can see them below in the siggy and I'll pull again tomorrow. I pull semimonthly to see trends and results, and will slow it down when the scores are in the 700s.

The only unforeseen problem is that most of the CAs (all but 2) were deleted, but the original acct got passed to a new CA. So, I had to stay very steadfast and had to track the dunning letters and also had to track when I sent out the DVs for those letters. Without record keeping, I'd be lost. So far, everything is holding up and I just need to let these accounts age. My goal is 700 on all 3 by Feb 28.
I hope this helps.
Message 14 of 18
blackswan22
New Contributor

Thanks. I have a old charge off with Capital One. I should write them a GW to get it removed? Is that the way to go about getting a old paid off charge off removed?

Message 15 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If it is a paid charge-off, GW it. If not, you need to do a PFD. In any case, CapOne is very notorious in not responding to either. Since signing onto this forum in August, I haven't seen any success stories with the PFD and only saw 2 for the GW letter. If I recall, someone had a GW success via a phone call and someone else found a higher up manager who helped him/her. Keep us posted on your results.
Message 16 of 18
blackswan22
New Contributor

Any suggestions on where or how to write a GW letter? And yes, I paid off the chrge off

Message Edited by blackswan22 on 12-14-2007 06:39 AM

Message 17 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.