Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Collection Accounts

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on Collection Accounts

SmartCookie wrote:
According to OP, the $500 is a dup.  They split that balance off when it was settled as paid for less than full.

Now I see a new edit to the message.
Message 11 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Glitche:

Do you have something on the CA's letterhead stating the $500 payment you made would result in a $0 balance on your CRs or do you have a PFD agreement in writing from the CA?
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CA letter states I PIF. I don't have it in front of me but I made it clear I would not give them any money unless they stated in the letter that it was paid in full.
And yes it does say 0 balance on the report.

Message Edited by Glitche on 09-26-2007 01:40 PM
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

But this is with United Trades collections only.
Message 14 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Dispute it as inaccurate balance reporting. It should report as $0.

Message Edited by fused111 on 09-26-2007 10:48 AM
Message 15 of 25
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

fused111 wrote:
Dispute it as inaccurate balance reporting. It should report as $0.

Message Edited by fused111 on 09-26-2007 10:48 AM

All 3 report as 0 balance.  I think he should dispute as 'not mine' as he never had that account number, and also he paid as full $500 on $800... which would leave $300 if it split. 

Edit: $300 up for potential reporting error one would think, not actually owed

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 09-26-2007 04:54 PM
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 16 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I am have trouble here with all of the editing going on...info keeps changing!Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 25
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

fused111 wrote:
I am have trouble here with all of the editing going on...info keeps changing!Smiley Happy

None of the original numbers and facts were edited far as I can see now when I check back.  You're working too hard and need a coffee break!  I've got some fresh over here.  OT please check your PMs regarding a different issue please  Smiley Happy
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 18 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Ok got it! Stupid me! GW the first the 1st and 3rd paid collections and dispute the 2nd as not mine. My brain is fried today, sorry folks!Smiley Surprised
Message 19 of 25
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

fused111 wrote:
Ok got it! Stupid me! GW the first the 1st and 3rd paid collections and dispute the 2nd as not mine. My brain is fried today, sorry folks!Smiley Surprised

lol fused... I had that problem this morning.  Hopefully it won't happen again... no guarantees though!
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.