Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Online Information systems Collection Agency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on Online Information systems Collection Agency

Hi,

I sent a PFD to this company, he called me and told me they reject it. All they will do is put it at a paid collection. Should I just pay it and move on? If I pay it then I think I should try to settle it.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Question on Online Information systems Collection Agency

Hi nyyankees...can you please give us more information on this?

How old is it? What is the date of first delinquency (DOFD)? How much is it? Do you have a lot of negatives on your credit report?

It's pretty tough to advise without knowing these things.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for thr reply,  The date of first dofd was Feb 2008,. Regarding my credit I went through a very tough time two years ago. I should of filed BK but I have a lot of pride. Instead I settled alot of CC accounts, and have a few collections although I had one PFD work yesterday. I am starting to rebound.

Message 3 of 4
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for thr reply,  The date of first dofd was Feb 2008,. Regarding my credit I went through a very tough time two years ago. I should of filed BK but I have a lot of pride. Instead I settled alot of CC accounts, and have a few collections although I had one PFD work yesterday. I am starting to rebound.

Congratulations on getting a PFD to work!

I would keep working on PFDs if you can. It sometimes takes a lot of repetition, and it often takes the fact that it can eventually land on a different person's desk.

Don't let them tell you that the HAVE to legally report the debt. They don't. The law simply says that what they report has to be accurate...not that they HAVE to report at all.

I asked about age of the account because I wondered if it would be past the statute of limitations. It's pretty new. Be aware that when you contact a collection agency about PFD, it can sometimes prompt action from them because they can sense you have some dollars, and they want to be paid. It's always worth a try, but be prepared if they decide to sue or ramp up their collection activity.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.