Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on a collection account????

tag
lavonda
Valued Member

Question on a collection account????

I had an account that was reported to NCO last year in november, after looking at my credit reports they had immediateley reported it to the credit bureau before they notified me. Well once they notified I did acknowledge the debt and advised to them I could do a payment plan or I will just pay it in full in January 07. I asked if they had reported it to the CRA and I was told no. But it was. My question is can I send a PFD letter if I paid the collection account in full. Do you think they may consider removing this from my credit report.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on a collection account????

GW is what you want if you already paid.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weelcome to the MyFICO boards Lavonda! Smiley Happy

Unfortunately your idea to PFD will not apply here... But as Tuscany has suggested, consider drafting a GW that speaks to the verbal agreement not to report the information to the CRAs and ask in a suck up way to please remove the derogatory information.

You'd be surprised what a small amount of elequence can do for your FICO health! Smiley Wink

Good Luck. Keep fighting the good fight.

Rob
Message 3 of 5
lavonda
Valued Member

Thanks a millon I will try that and see if it works. Thanks for your response.
Message 4 of 5
lavonda
Valued Member

Thanks Rob, I will try that and see how it works. I just checked all of my scores TU is 646, Experian is 624 and Equifax if 579. I am really trying to boost up my equifax score.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.