Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on bad mark

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on bad mark

I have only one mark on my credit that isnt good. How long will it take to come off. It was from a joint bank account that went into the negitive after we split. I wasnt aware of it till hit hit my credit. How long will it be on there?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Question on bad mark

7.5 years
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

7.5 is the max it can be there but the CRAs usually only keep negative items for 7 years from the DOFD. Many times a phone call or letter to the company will help get the item removed though. Don't be afraid to call and keep calling or write and keep trying if you are turned down. PFB is a good option too. Don't give up until you get what you want....all it costs is your time and/or a few stamps!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please post the main info so the others can look at it and tell you the best way to approach it.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I wrote that earlier but was in a hurry to leave for work.

Lets see if this helps any

June 2002 me and the ex split. We had a joint checking account. I forgot about the account because I never used it. " Dont know why I did it"

Anyways Later that year I pulled my credit report and seen I had a DEROG from the bank.
It was in the amount of 11 dollars.  Well as soon as I found this out I went up there and talked with the branch manager. She wrote out a letter asking for it to be removed.  Oh I did pay the 11 dollars off.

I've since gone up there twice to have it done with no luck.

So I have no way to get it off there.  Im sure it is hurting my credit so no good there when I want to buy A Harley in the spring.

Should I try a GW or what.

How bad do you think the affect of it is being almost 6 years old?

Also if you think it is worth it to send a GW will you point me to a good one to use as refrence for my situation. Ive read the 2 on here and dont think they really go with my deal to well.

Message Edited by blazzinbird on 10-12-2007 09:47 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.