Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on monthly CC points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on monthly CC points

Hi,

I hope somebody knows or can give me an idea of how many points a credit card company reports each month.

R.P.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on monthly CC points

rak01 wrote:
Hi,

I hope somebody knows or can give me an idea of how many points a credit card company reports each month.

R.P.

go your magic 8 ball handy? jk.

seriously though, the cra's use a model that takes all the info reported and spits out a number. there are way too many variables to give you an exact answer to your question (if i understood it correctly).
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No sure if you understood my question let me try again.
They say your FICO score goes up monthly partially because of credit  card copanies reporting good (or bad) scores to the credit agencies. So what determines that pont/score system. Is it 1 point for good payment history that month or minus 2 if you skipped your payment ? ? Just wondering because I will be hopefully by a house in December but want my scores to be higher than what they are now  569,579,559.

thanks
Message 3 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Please read credit scoring 101.

I think this will help clarify things a little

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

rak01 wrote:
No sure if you understood my question let me try again.
They say your FICO score goes up monthly partially because of credit  card copanies reporting good (or bad) scores to the credit agencies. So what determines that pont/score system. Is it 1 point for good payment history that month or minus 2 if you skipped your payment ? ? Just wondering because I will be hopefully by a house in December but want my scores to be higher than what they are now  569,579,559.

thanks

No one knows the exact formula... but that link above will help you learn how to begin to clean up what you have and maximize what you can to get your scores up as decent as possible for Dec.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Not sure if you understood my question let me try again.
They say your FICO score goes up monthly partially because of credit card companies reporting good (or bad) scores to the credit agencies. So what determines that point/score system. Is it 1 point for good payment history that month or minus 2 if you skipped your payment ? ? Just wondering because I will be hopefully by a house in December but want my scores to be higher than what they are now 569,579,559.
thanks

I don't think you can say one point for this, two points for that. There are some pretty well established numbers--5 points for an inquiry, 50 points for a 30 day late payment, and so forth. Since you're on this site, go to myFICO's education page:
http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/

The piechart can give you an idea of how each part of your credit behavior is weighted. Paying on time and having a low percentage of credit utilized to credit limit (ideally under 10%) together count for 65% of your score.

Once you understand that, score improvement can be boiled down to 2 things: pay every card you have down as low as possible, ASAP, and don't ever miss a payment--pay 7 days early if you have to, in case they bobble your payment. Everything else is time, and research, and writing letters, and making phone calls. If you read the posts here, you'll see how fast scores soar when you pay down your cards.

Are the scores you posted from the FICO site? If not, sadly, they're worthless.

And go back to message 4 of 5, and go to that link. You just can't skip doing some basic homework if you plan to take control of your credit, because you have to understand how all this stuff works together to influence your scores. good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that info duh , now it makes alot more sense to me I act like I never heard Suze Orman speak about this kind of stuff before. It's just that my "loan lady" keeps on saying  the C. C companies reporting to the agencies monthly and that's how scores go up, she kinda confused me but anyway, thanks again.

To my suprise my scores from myfico are a little higher than what''s on the C. Report my "loan lady" ran and it was run on the same month (aug) just days apart. It's not a HUGE difference but I thought they would be exaclty the same.

myfico  scores 
Trans.579 Equifax 567 Experian 565 (8/9/07)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.