Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on my credit report/score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on my credit report/score

So I signed up yesterday for a free trial, and I'm not sure how the system is supposed to work (because it doesn't clarify).

I know that late/delinquent payments are removed from your records after 7 years. I have 7 late payments or delinquencies in my 9-10 year history. I think 3 of them occurred more than 7 years ago, so I should have only 4 late/delinquent payments to my credit report right?

Under the "credit at a glance" tab, it shows 7 red flags. 

Under the accounts tab, I only see 4 flags showing up. 

So I'm not sure which one is correct. Any ideas? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on my credit report/score

@Anonymous wrote:

So I signed up yesterday for a free trial, and I'm not sure how the system is supposed to work (because it doesn't clarify).

I know that late/delinquent payments are removed from your records after 7 years. I have 7 late payments or delinquencies in my 9-10 year history. I think 3 of them occurred more than 7 years ago, so I should have only 4 late/delinquent payments to my credit report right?

Under the "credit at a glance" tab, it shows 7 red flags. 

Under the accounts tab, I only see 4 flags showing up. 

So I'm not sure which one is correct. Any ideas? Thanks. 

If you pull your free reports at annualcreditreports.com they will show more complete information. Transunion and Experian will list when each account should drop off.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I went to Experian, but for some reason it doesn't list all of the accounts that are relevant to me. it only shows 4 accounts under the "account history" tab... it's missing at least 3 or 4 accounts that i know should be there. I'm barely getting any information from Experian.  

Experian is also showing me a credit score (I think you guys have been saying it's FAKO though) of 652, when my real fico score is 711. Is this common? 

I think it's definitely missing information, because it says I don't have a credit card right now.  

Message Edited by mrrunon on 10-29-2009 11:49 PM
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. I went to Experian, but for some reason it doesn't list all of the accounts that are relevant to me. it only shows 4 accounts under the "account history" tab... it's missing at least 3 or 4 accounts that i know should be there. I'm barely getting any information from Experian.  

Experian is also showing me a credit score (I think you guys have been saying it's FAKO though) of 652, when my real fico score is 711. Is this common? 

I think it's definitely missing information, because it says I don't have a credit card right now.  

Not every credit company (CC) reports to all three Credit Reporting Agencies (CRA). I have a judgment on my TU that doesn't, thankfully, show up on the other two. I have a collection on EX and EQ that is absent on TU. Both are old and about to drop off so I am not putting any effort into them.

Pull all three reports and put them side by side. If information is reporting on one but not the other it is usually because it isn't being reported. The CRAs only report what is reported to them. Contact the CC and ask them specifically if they report to the CRA in question.

I have read a few threads where the CC says they report and the CRA doesn't. I'm sure someone with experience can advise as I have never had to deal with that situation.

Best of luck,

CB

Message 4 of 9
Desert-Rat
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had much the same problem with Experian.  Only showing 1 of 22 accounts. (and it was my only negative!  Smiley Surprised )

You may have a split file.  Call them!  I got it straightened out very quickly and now all of my accounts show up.

D-R

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the info..

i can't get past the automated system on the phone. this is really frustrating. in order to dispute something, you must have an account number.. i have tons of missing information, and it asks for the account number. how am i supposed to get through this? it seems like experian is intentionally trying to screw me over.

Message Edited by mrrunon on 11-03-2009 01:50 PM
Message 6 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Did you print out the report you pulled from Experian, or possibly save it to disk? The report number should be on there.

If you got your report from a credit monitoring service, it won't have the report number, or at least, not the correct one.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i found it and called in. they said my name was spelled in 2 different ways, so it caused the report to split. they are fixing it now. 

why does it happen with experian but not transunion or equifax? 

Message 8 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

mrrunon wrote:

yeah i found it and called in. they said my name was spelled in 2 different ways, so it caused the report to split. they are fixing it now. 

why does it happen with experian but not transunion or equifax? 

Congrats, I'm glad you solved the mystery!

In fact, it's more usual for files to split on TransUnion and especially on Equifax. Their databases are less stable than Experian's. But for whatever reason, someone once entered your name incorrectly, and so the info keeps going to two different files.

Do you have any accounts that only report to EX? If so, they're probably the guilty parties.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.