Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on paying off debt to OC (reporting) even though CA is after me for it

tag
Heartbreaker
Valued Member

Question on paying off debt to OC (reporting) even though CA is after me for it

The collection I have with for a citibank cc(currently with encore receivable mgt, however citi is the one reporting) has a relatively large outstanding balance. Assuming they (i sent the PFD to citi not encore) rejects my pfd letter, is it too late to set up a payment plan with them to pay the whole amount down? I had been paying encore but gave up with them when, after several months of on-time payments to them, i began receiving horrible harassing phone calls again - I HATE THEM!!!)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on paying off debt to OC (reporting) even though CA is after me for it

You can call them and see if they still own the account. If they sold to the CA  you must deal with CA.

If OC stills owns it, you can set up payments with them. BUT get arrangments in writting!

If you must work with the CA....do not miss a payment!!!  send them a letter CMRRR and tell them not to call!!!!!! you want everything in writting. IF they send a letter saying that they will file a lawsuit, just keep making payments NEVER talk to CA on the phone.

IF they file suit....you must answer the thingy that you get served or receive in mail.....call courthouse & be sure that it has been filed!!

GO to the hearing & take all your cancelled checks showing the judge that you have been paying.

this is a post by Noah...it is FTC rules

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-25-2007 05:09 PM
Message 2 of 4
Heartbreaker
Valued Member

Re: Question on paying off debt to OC (reporting) even though CA is after me for it

Thanks for the advice, HappyDays! If the OC sold it though, would they be the ones to still report it? I thought whoever bought the debt would be the one to report it now, but I'm still learning ;-)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heartbreaker wrote:
Thanks for the advice, HappyDays! If the OC sold it though, would they be the ones to still report it? I thought whoever bought the debt would be the one to report it now, but I'm still learning ;-)

If it is not yert reporting through another company, it is best to get it donebefore it does.  Yes the CA would be the one who wuld start reporting the new derog and each time acollection is added to your account it is considered a new collection.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.