Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re: retriving info no longer on credit reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question re: retriving info no longer on credit reports

Is it possible for me (or anyone els) to retrieve information re: delinquent debts that are no longer on credit reports?  I am currently completing an application that solicits such information, and I honestly have no idea about the specifics of 2 delinquent debts no longer reporting.  As a last resort, I guess I'll have to give my "best guess" but I'm concerned whether someone checking my application may be able to find a discrepancy which could potentially cause a lot of trouble for me.  (I have NO desire to contact the OC's for obvious reasons.)

Please advise.  Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question re: retriving info no longer on credit reports

I don't think so. There are other sources of info and reports that lenders could draw from outside of EX, EQ, and TU, but it hasn't been common for me, anyway.

Also, I guess if you had a CO, for example, with MBNA, then applying for BofA, for example, would place your chances in jeopardy. But I haven't heard of any cross-sharing info. Your future lender won't call every OC out there to see if you had a history with them.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason I need to know is for a bar application, not for a credit app.  Obviously any affirmative misrepresentation as to prior debts would be career suicide for me.  I may have to rely on my "best guess" but if I could get my hands on accurate info, I would prefer that.
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

GL Counsel-to-be.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

lurknomore wrote:
The reason I need to know is for a bar application, not for a credit app.  Obviously any affirmative misrepresentation as to prior debts would be career suicide for me.  I may have to rely on my "best guess" but if I could get my hands on accurate info, I would prefer that.

I believe a past credit report would be the only way to know exactly what appeared.

If they no longer appear, is it because you got them deleted or they are past CRTP?

You could always get account #, CA, amount from the OC, I assume.

I would call if they are already off report, what could it hurt?

I'm glad I am not going to be a lawyer if you have to list ever deliquent debt you've ever had. Geez.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 03-06-2008 09:08 AM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.