cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding credit apps and score

tag
tempnexus

Question regarding credit apps and score

Ok I know that each time I apply for credit card they check my score which lowers my current score. Now is there a check time period? Meaning that if I apply for 3 Credit Cards let say 3 days apart will I be hit with triple score lowering pangs? Or will the first credit check open a few day/week window where other credit checks should not affect my score? Also, does checking my own score lowers the credit score? Or is my own personal score checking ok? Let say I want to check it with a bi-monthly frequency...will that be a hit on my credit score?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question regarding credit apps and score

tempnexus wrote:
Ok I know that each time I apply for credit card they check my score which lowers my current score. Now is there a check time period? Meaning that if I apply for 3 Credit Cards let say 3 days apart will I be hit with triple score lowering pangs? Or will the first credit check open a few day/week window where other credit checks should not affect my score? Also, does checking my own score lowers the credit score? Or is my own personal score checking ok? Let say I want to check it with a bi-monthly frequency...will that be a hit on my credit score?

How badly an inquiry effects your score depends on a lot of factors.  How old the file is, is a subsequent account is opened.  I have have inqs that showed no negative affects and the very next one dock me six or seven points.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.