Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question reguarding collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question reguarding collections

OH my goodness, thank you to all the contributors of this forum. I am so excited to have control over my finances and educating myself and hubby on earning high scores. I have a couple of quick questions if I may. 1) I have a baddie from providian back in 2001 the actual date the account opened is jan 2001 / then I closed it jan 2002 thats the last time it reported with a $450.00 balance. I'm guesssing that will fall off jan 2009, is that correct? 2) Asset Management purchased the previous collection in august 2006 and reports as a new account owing $1300.00, I'm not sure how to handle this situation. Suggestions please. 3) Hubby has an adelphia account that was PIF, however If I were to write a GW letter it would have to go to the new company Comcast. Would they even consider removing? Again, thank you for all the support, the ride is been amazing.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question reguarding collections

Hi and welcome to myFICO forums! Since your questions are based on credit recovery, I will be moving this thread to the General Credit Issues Forum. By the way, have you read the credit scoring 101 thread authored by one of our other mods, Tuscani, in my sig line? If not, good stuff!

----
fused
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Earning_High_Scores wrote:
OH my goodness, thank you to all the contributors of this forum. I am so excited to have control over my finances and educating myself and hubby on earning high scores. I have a couple of quick questions if I may. 1) I have a baddie from providian back in 2001 the actual date the account opened is jan 2001 / then I closed it jan 2002 thats the last time it reported with a $450.00 balance. I'm guesssing that will fall off jan 2009, is that correct? 2) Asset Management purchased the previous collection in august 2006 and reports as a new account owing $1300.00, I'm not sure how to handle this situation. Suggestions please. 3) Hubby has an adelphia account that was PIF, however If I were to write a GW letter it would have to go to the new company Comcast. Would they even consider removing? Again, thank you for all the support, the ride is been amazing.

It doesn't matter when Providian was opened or closed!!!  what does count is the DOFD or DOLA!!

If you haven't made a payment since 1/2002  then 1/2002 would be DOLA......TU and EX go by DOFD  which should be 2/2002.....it will fall off 7 - 7.5 years from DOFD

Look at you EX or TU CR....it will say will remain untill (date)

Asset Mangament  is a CA .....how do you know that they bought the debt? have you DVd them?

What is your SOL??  If past SOL  I would DV the CA   CMRRR
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for the reply. Ok I now have a better understanding, Providian Date of last activity Jan, 2002. I don't see where it says the date it will remain till. As far as the other account my mistake Assest acceptance is the company shows as a new account not even a collection. Equifax has it right Providan and the correct date. TU Not reporting it at all. Experian has it Date opened Aug, 2006 Date of last activity Sep, 2006 with a note Account in dispute. Weird yah. Experian is my highest score. Not onnly that it's like the knew when I applied for my first credit card. thanx for your help.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.