Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question?

In my credit reports, it lists a "former" name that is not me or mine. It is close to mine but not spelled the same.

When trying to dispute it, it doesn't show up on the dispute page. My name is correct there.

Does that mean I have nothing to worry about?

Thanks so much in advance!

BTW, I SO enjoy this forum Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question?

It shouldn't hurt you at all. My wife has 5-6 variations of her name, mostly mis-spelling including her maiden name. I have three myself. Also, my current name is wrong on TU. I never had any problems, but TU gave me a Sr. suffix; I don't have any sons with the same name. It comes in handy when I receive a pre-approved offer or any other credit related correspondence. When it shows that suffix, I know the soft pull came from TU.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you SO much for your response! Now, I won't worry Smiley Happy

And, I'm sorry for posting in the wrong place!

Have a great day everyone Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You posted in the right place and welcome to the forums!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the welcome!

No, I posted in the wrong place on my first post. Moderator moved it "oops" Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 6
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

Thanks for asking that question mine has one other name on mine too, very similar to my spelling, didn't figure it was too big of a deal.  But, good to have the reassurance Smiley Tongue
9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.