Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions??????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions??????

Is it normal for the credit agencies to be really different in what they report?

Also, I have one debt scheduled to come off my report in July 2008 and one in June 2008.  I dont really plan on buying a house or car any time soon, so is it logical for me to believe that I should just wait and let those fall off my report?  If they fall off one report  and stay on the others, would I still have to DV the CR's  to get them to come off the other two reports or can I just dispute them with the CRA's?

I think two of them (at least) have been reaged.  I quit paying on them at the same time and two of them are actually reporting that they started the process almost a year later of being 180 days late.  All of them are past the SOL, they are CC's and I havent paid on them since November of 2000. I have never spoken to any of the CR's about trying to set up payments or anything for that matter--i've never even identified that I was the person they were really speaking to.  If I DV them and they actually come up with the information, will I have a chance of them actually reflecting the correct DOLA?

On a good note--they will all fall off in 2009, even if the correct DOLA is not used.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions??????

mbush12 wrote:
Is it normal for the credit agencies to be really different in what they report?

What are they reporting differently?

Also, I have one debt scheduled to come off my report in July 2008 and one in June 2008.  I dont really plan on buying a house or car any time soon, so is it logical for me to believe that I should just wait and let those fall off my report?  If they fall off one report  and stay on the others, would I still have to DV the CR's  to get them to come off the other two reports or can I just dispute them with the CRA's?

I think two of them (at least) have been reaged.  I quit paying on them at the same time and two of them are actually reporting that they started the process almost a year later of being 180 days late.  All of them are past the SOL, they are CC's and I havent paid on them since November of 2000.

Then they should all fall off around May......Nov 2000 + 180 days+ 7 years = May 2008

I have never spoken to any of the CR's about trying to set up payments or anything for that matter--i've never even identified that I was the person they were really speaking to.  If I DV them and they actually come up with the information, will I have a chance of them actually reflecting the correct DOLA?

On a good note--they will all fall off in 2009, even if the correct DOLA is not used.

Do you know for certain that DOFD was Nov 2000?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Each report lists a different number of accounts that are still around.  Two of them list 2 accounts as still being active and in good standing, while Equifax lists only one account active and in good standing--and it is completely different from the two that the other two list.  Example TU and EX both list me have credit cards with Dress Barn and Mont. Wards while Equifax lists only a Paul Harris card.

Equifax lists three collections while Experian doesnt list any.  The creditors that the debt has been sold to are completely different on all three reports and the amount owed on each account is completely different on all three reports with the exception of one debt that is slated to fall off in June of 2008 on all of them. 

My addresses and "aliasses"  (I've never used an alias) are different on all of them.

I know that I have not paid my credit cards since November of 2000 because I quit paying them all at the same time.  I was using Consumer Credit to pay my bills and they actually screwed and did not pay them one month.  This was the month of October 2000.  They actually cut me a check for the interest and latefees for each credit card.  I was so mad that the next month I decided to try to deal with the OC's directly, and they refused to lower any of my payments or work with me in any way. I couldnt afford to pay them so I quit.  This was the last contact I had with any of them--I just didnt answer the phone.  One them has actually fallen off by the way.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

mbush12 wrote:
Each report lists a different number of accounts that are still around.  Two of them list 2 accounts as still being active and in good standing, while Equifax lists only one account active and in good standing--and it is completely different from the two that the other two list.  Example TU and EX both list me have credit cards with Dress Barn and Mont. Wards while Equifax lists only a Paul Harris card.

Equifax lists three collections while Experian doesnt list any.  The creditors that the debt has been sold to are completely different on all three reports and the amount owed on each account is completely different on all three reports with the exception of one debt that is slated to fall off in June of 2008 on all of them. 

My addresses and "aliasses"  (I've never used an alias) are different on all of them.

I know that I have not paid my credit cards since November of 2000 because I quit paying them all at the same time.  I was using Consumer Credit to pay my bills and they actually screwed and did not pay them one month.  This was the month of October 2000.  They actually cut me a check for the interest and latefees for each credit card.  I was so mad that the next month I decided to try to deal with the OC's directly, and they refused to lower any of my payments or work with me in any way. I couldnt afford to pay them so I quit.  This was the last contact I had with any of them--I just didnt answer the phone.  One them has actually fallen off by the way.

CR will have different information reporting due to the fact that not all creditors/CA report to all 3 of the CRAs. They have their choice of who they do/do not report to.

For the accounts that are reporting the wrong DOFD or Fall off date read this-

After you get done disputing and removing accounts, then send a letter to each CRA with correct name, address, etc and have them remove all the old ones and update all your personal information.

Is there any other accounts besides the ones being reported with wrong fall off dates that you want to deal with?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response--I think i am going to leave the ones that are falling off in June and July alone and let them fall off on there own.  I am going to check and make sure they actually do, of course. 

I am going to DV the three collections on my Equifax.  One of them is a Cablevision account that is in my husband's name that just showed up on this report after we got married last year--my name isn't on it and it is on his credit reports.  The other two are the same account listed twice by two different CA's.  This account is also listed in the open accounts area--under another CA and I am going to DV all of them.  I'll find out  who really owns the account if any of them.

There is one account on Equifax  that was a credit card that got signed over two my ex boyfriend in 1994.  My name was on the original account, but we actually went in and had the bank sign over to his name.  (I wondered why is was getting calls for him two years ago).  I am going to DV that one. Sadly enough, that is the one account that I can pay if need be.

This would leave me with two accounts on each report in bad standing.  On all reports these two accounts would fall off next year.  I got to thinking about it and I wonder if Consumer Credit talked them in my name later than I quit paying consumer credit.  If consumer credit promised them payments later that would have  reset the DOLA on them.

I cant remember if I signed anything saying consumer credit couldnt talk to them. I know I signed someting saying consumer credit could talk to them.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.