Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Question

tag
jennarayen
Valued Member

Quick Question

I am writing a GW letter to sent out to Capital One regarding an account I had with them from 2001 to 2006.  When the account was closed in 2006 it was still under my maiden name ( never changed it when I got married in 2003).  My question is when writing the letter should I sign and address it with my maiden name or my married name.  If I sign with my married name should a include a copy of the marriage certificate or something to prove my identiy?

Just wondering if using my married name will complicate this.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jennarayen
Valued Member

Re: Quick Question

Another question-when sending out GW letters to the OC do you still do them CMRRR???
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No need to send GW CMRRR. Regular mail will do just fine.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you legally changed it now (i.e. on you DL and your SS-card)?  If yes, you must legally use the married name... you can probably get around this by using the phrase "formerly _________ before marriage"

I have never changed my name but constantly get stuff under DH's last neme.... in many states you can use any name you choose as long as ther eis no intention to commit fraud.
Message 4 of 5
jennarayen
Valued Member

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
Have you legally changed it now (i.e. on you DL and your SS-card)?  If yes, you must legally use the married name... you can probably get around this by using the phrase "formerly _________ before marriage"

I have never changed my name but constantly get stuff under DH's last neme.... in many states you can use any name you choose as long as ther eis no intention to commit fraud.

Thank you!  I did change it legally right after we were married (DL & SS card) I changed it on all my other cards and bank accounts just never did on this one, don't ask why.

I'll just put the formerly phrase under my typed name in the closing of the letter.  Thanks for the advice.  I want to get these suckers in the mail today.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.