cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question about credit utilization...

tag
JOHNINAZ
New Contributor

Quick question about credit utilization...

So I recently opened a new business (in the last 60 days) and while I always paid my balance in full before it was due I cannot do so for maybe the next 30-60 days. I know if my utilization runs high (probably 70-90%) I get dinged hard score wise which I am fine with at this momment but..... my question is. Once I pay all those balances down to zero again how long does it take before its reflected on your score (assuming next billing cycle) and will they go back to normal or just rise slightly ? I assume once balances are paid in full and utilization goes to zero it will post but just looking for some assuance from other members. Thanks in advance !

Starting Score: 539
Current Score: 645,630,615
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quick question about credit utilization...

It will go up once yyour CC statement cuts and reports to the bureaus.  How high it goes will depend on other factors in your credit report.

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Quick question about credit utilization...

@JOHNINAZ wrote:

Once I pay all those balances down to zero again how long does it take before its reflected on your score (assuming next billing cycle) and will they go back to normal or just rise slightly ?

You'll recover when your utilization recovers and is reported.

@JOHNINAZ wrote:

I assume once balances are paid in full and utilization goes to zero it will post but just looking for some assuance from other members. Thanks in advance !

Always be careful with assuming.  Paying in full doesn't necessarily mean that a 0 balance reports.  If you pay in full after the card reports then the statement balance will report.  You have to pay before the report date to reduce the reported utilization.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.