cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question-when i comes to collections on a credit report ...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick question-when i comes to collections on a credit report ...?

As long as you're paying SOMETHING on them it looks good on your credit report or am i wrong. i thought as long as ur making some kind of payment then it wont look like ur trying to dodge the bill just paying on it as u can ? any answres would be appreciated. thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quick question-when i comes to collections on a credit report ...?

Welcome to the forum.  Can you be more specific as to what you are asking?  The reason being, if for example you have monthly car payments, the requirement is to pay the entire amount due not some of it.

So re-phrase your question and be very specific for better responses.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok sorry what i meant was i have some collection accts on my credit report. i was gonna send them a letter with a certified money order or check ( so ill have proof) of a payment of some sort (maybe about 50 dollars ) until i can pay the balance off. (balance are anywhere from 550 to 950 dollars for some of the item). wondering if me paying at least SOMETHING on it will look good as far as what my credit report reads. these are all collections not open credit lines like a car payment some stemming back as far as 2010. thanks in advance for replys/ Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Before making any payments, you may wish to be sure of the SOL status on the debt, as payments may start a new period under your stattue of limitations.

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As long as you're paying SOMETHING on them it looks good on your credit report or am i wrong.

Paying a collection doesn't generally help all that much and you have to be very careful in dealing with some derogs to prevent making matters worse.  You want removal of your derogs where possible.

Research in the Rebuilding subforum.  Don't assume or rely on "common sense".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.