cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quizzle and Credit Karma accurate reports?

tag
pakman92
Established Contributor

Quizzle and Credit Karma accurate reports?

I undertand that Quizzle and Credit Karma's scores are FAKOs, but I've been using them for credit reports for Experian and Transunion especially since they are free.  Like most credit monitoring services, they don't have complete information like soft pull info etc.  But, they seem relatively complete with regards to everything else.  Quizzle infact seems to have comments/description shown for th accounts.  (e.g.   Account closed by consumer, Account previously in dispute, etc.)  

Are these decent alternatives to paid monitoring services?  Are these decent alternative to to paying to get offical CRs from th bureaus?

I have not found one that you can pull equifax reports for free.  As far as I know, it doesn't exisit, but if you guys know one, let me know.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Quizzle and Credit Karma accurate reports?

@pakman92 wrote:

I undertand that Quizzle and Credit Karma's scores are FAKOs, but I've been using them for credit reports for Experian and Transunion especially since they are free.  Like most credit monitoring services, they don't have complete information like soft pull info etc.  But, they seem relatively complete with regards to everything else.  Quizzle infact seems to have comments/description shown for th accounts.  (e.g.   Account closed by consumer, Account previously in dispute, etc.)  

Are these decent alternatives to paid monitoring services?  Are these decent alternative to to paying to get offical CRs from th bureaus?

I have not found one that you can pull equifax reports for free.  As far as I know, it doesn't exisit, but if you guys know one, let me know.

They're decent, but inadqueate in certain areas. Their scores can be totally way off, and in certain areas the new CK interface is buggy. However, amongst the free services, creditkarma is probably the best.

creditkarma and quzzle and creditsesame are decent alternatives to monitor your credit. it's best to pay (some companies charge $1 for trial) to check your CR from time to time because those tend to be a lot more detailed than the free services. 

I don't know either for equifax. equifax.com sometimes gives out 1 month free trial, and that's bout it.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 9
onemangang
Established Member

There is a 42 point difference between my myfico trans score and my creditkarma trans score!

Message 3 of 9
pakman92
Established Contributor

@onemangang wrote:

There is a 42 point difference between my myfico trans score and my creditkarma trans score!

I know the scores are bogus.  I'm just to trying to get reports free.  Seems like a pretty decent alternative.  They seem as good as any monitoring service pullers.

Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Don't put 100% faith in the alerts. Many in here received incorrect or very long outdated alerts with CK. Also ignore the grades and advice in CK.

Message 5 of 9
pakman92
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Don't put 100% faith in the alerts. Many in here received incorrect or very long outdated alerts with CK. Also ignore the grades and advice in CK.

@Again, i don't use the alerts and know the scores are useless.  I'm saying that this is an alternative to pulling cr from the bureaus @ 15 dollars a pop.

Message 6 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

@onemangang wrote:

My myFICO Equifax score and lender pulled FICO Equifax score have differed by more than 50 points before. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 9
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Keep in mind CK pulls transUnion, which is notoriously slower than the other 2 agencies...at least for me. TU is always a whole week later in updating things. Every account I have open has a date that is one week after it was opened as compared to the other 2 agencies.

Yes the score is bogus. Some say its close to their FICO's, but I think this is more of a coincidence since we know for a fact they are calculated differently. For example, I had a CLI on a CapOne account that went up by $2700..yet my score did not budge. And it took about 10 days for CK to notify me of the increase even though it took place one day before the statement cut date.

But it is useful for certain things...no doubt.

Message 8 of 9
meesh6036
Contributor

I like it for the details, I know when stuff reports but my scores are so completely different. 

Starting Score: Low 500's (2011)
Current Score:My Fico - 661
NFCU cashRewards 17.5k | NFCU GoRewards 14k |Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (USBank) 1k | Best Buy 2.8k | Walmart 1450 | Target 300 | Amazon 2.1k | CareCredit 2.6k | Macy's 1.5k | Macy's Furniture 3.5k | Lowe's 3k | Discover It 1.8k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.